The Redruth and Chacewater Railway Traill is about 12.5km long and, for the most part ,follows the former railway line. It is primarily off road and flat and which extends from Redruth church town to Twelveheads near Bissoe
The Redruth and Chacewater railway was the first to use wrought iron rails and flanged wheels. It was originally opened in 1825 with horses drawing wagons from Gwennap to the port of Devoran. Completed in 1854, it was then converted for the use of steam locomotives. It closed in 1915 with the demise of the mining industry. The trail branches off from the Coast to Coast Trail at Twelveheads through both woodland and moorland and bypasses Carharrack and Lanner. and r Gwennap Pit and Carn Marth are easily accessible. The trail continues west of Lanner amd connects to the Great Flat Lode Trail between Carnkie and Redruth and the Tresavean Trail at Buller Hill.